Friday 25 July 2014

Sports: 'Chelsea Feels Like Home’ – Didier Drobga

 

Didier Drogba has expressed his delight at signing a one-year deal to return to Chelsea this season, saying "it has always felt like home to me".

Drogba left
Stamford Bridge in the summer of 2012 after scoring the penalty which secured the club's first Champions League triumph against Bayern Munich at the Allianz Arena.

Drogba says he could not turn down the chance to reunite with former boss Jose Mourinho, and says the "special relationship" he enjoys with the club made up his mind.
"My desire to win is still the same and I look forward to the opportunity to help this team. I am excited for this next chapter of my career."

Mourinho added: “He’s coming because he’s one of the best strikers in Europe. I know his personality very well and I know if he comes back he’s not protected by history or what he’s done for this club previously.”

Now 36, in the two years away from the Bridge he spent time in China and with Turkish giants Galatasaray before deciding to return to London.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...