Friday 11 May 2012

‘I’m sorry’ – Muna apologises to Mode 9


Her management RMG sent out a statement that infuriated almost all those following the Mode 9-Muna debate.

Failing to apologise, or defend Muna’s actions, the unsigned, ill-written statement stopped short of insulting reporters and bloggers and indeed everyone discussing the issue. (An excerpt: ‘… this issue will not be resolved publicly and played out in the media or on blog pages
for the amusement and enjoyment of gossip junkies and gist merchants. I’m sorry to disappoint those who are waiting with their mouths open, there will be no leaked emails, back and forth exclusive interviews or Twitter “gangsterisms”.  At least not from our side, and as you all know, Mode 9 is big a man enough not to subscribe to media hype over something that, quite rightly, he took as disrespectful but not life threatening.  This is Hip Hop, not the Civil War Part 2.’)

And Muna, apparently seeing that instead of quenching the heat, the statement only exacerbated things, last night apologised to Mode 9, using the platform where it all went viral – Twitter.
‘I want us to be cool like before, and as we were just before the Nokia show’ she wrote to Mode 9. ‘Pls accept my apology’.

‘Modey, I know we had a chat, and still face2face when I get back, but 2 put a stop to this madness. I’m sorry boo’.

Mode 9 was yet to respond to her tweets immediately, but insiders told us Muna and her team have reached out to him off Twitter.

He said that even though he was upset by the younger rapper’s actions, he wouldn’t engage in any battle. ‘It’s been a month plus, I’ve forgotten about all that, I’ve got bigger wars to fight. Cocaine is a hell of a drug, stay away from drugs…. I’m a lyrical warrior but I don’t kill women or children’.

Nigerian Entertainment Today

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...