Monday 25 June 2012

Who is Olamide?...


This dude Olamide has always being my person from inception, but getting him down for an interview hasn’t been easy for his strong love for the studio. This dude is very hard working and energetic. At last,
I got him for a couple of hours to talk to me about a few issues which I am sure his 'friends' as he calls them want to know. This dude is a very humble individual and I enjoyed every bit of time spent with him on this day. Here are a few of the excerpts of our discussion. Interview by Wale Applause.
 
Tell me more about your relationship with Cabasa and how it all started? 

More like a father and son thingy met I.d Cabasa long ago when I was 16 and he developed instrumentals n ma zeal, because I told him how much I was willing to learn if he would give me room… We picked it up from there.
 
What's your definition of Good Music?

A combination of good lyrics and good lovely instrumentals.
 
Who's Olamide?

Real name is Olamide Adedeji, Artiste and Song writer, born and bred and Lagos, Bariga to be precise… Studying mass communications 300level
 
A brief into your Background:

I'm from a  family of 7 and I’m the  2nd to the last born

If not Music, what would you have done?

Omo, just education then... Music is all I know.

What are those challenges you had to conquer?

 Issue of finance but GOD been so good.

What are your sources of inspiration?

God is my major source of inspiration, my life and my environment.

Your fans wanna know your age and where u from?

I'm 23, a native of Ogun state.









 
How did music start for you?

Found music around me, I fell in love with her and she surrendered her heart to me. Though we have our ups n downs but to people, it looks like a perfect relationship because it’s obvious d love is mutual.

A fan mailed to ask you who your best MC is or are...
Jay-Z.

Describe your genre of music :
 Hip-hop
 
Let's talk about your first album
‘Rapsodi’ 16 tracker did well but #YBNL will do better by d grace of God
+ d support of my friends

What have sustained u in the music factory?

The grace of GOD, consistency, lots of love from my friends, and not forgetting Support from the media.

What should be expected from you in the nearest future?
More singles, more videos, more collabos, then my album #YBNL

Please tell me more about your latest single unite, that song fingers my brain...
Unite is just a party track to get my friends and club going, Cos I always have to think about what d people want at all times for being supportive.. Cos ‘Eniduro’ +’Young erikina’ etc are just ma own thingy and they been showing me love. 

When's your next single dropping?

Pretty soon!

Any collabos we should know of?
Yeah on my album, Davido, and Tiwa Savage..

Drop a verse for your fans
lol una wan pirate my flows?...Hahaha wait till the album drops no vex..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...