Tuesday 24 April 2012

‘Don Jazzy betrayed me’ – D’banj


After weeks of various stories, speculations and gossip clouding the internet, D’banj gave an interview to
NET on April 21st. In the interview he spoke, giving his own version about his meeting with Kanye West, the beginning of the storm with Don Jazzy and the sacrifices he has had to make.

‘It was clear when we met that Jazzy wanted to be the biggest producer, I wanted to be the biggest African entertainer, not the biggest singer. I had my mind on money. In order to say I’m the biggest, I had to be the richest. So for a very long time, he was on the back end. He respected my act, I respected his music judgment. Every meeting that brought us money I went for. I’d say I need to confirm from Don Jazzy because that was the agreement, even though I knew it was my decision. First Glo deal was $500,000. That Land Cruiser jeep was because of my demands. It was because of the skill and exposure that I used to bargain. I’m a businessman’

Read the full article here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...